EEMpact Parenting of Infants and Young Children (IYC) is a world-recognized comprehensive outcomes-based parenting program for families that have infants or young children with medical diagnoses and conditions. EEMpact Parenting IYC program is delivered to parents over an immersive ‘retreat’ weekend or through weekly scheduled sessions.
This course, EEMpact Parenting IYC Online Training, is a 12-week course for clinical social workers and other healthcare professionals to learn how to host and facilitate EEMpact Parenting Programs.
To increase accessibility and learning immersion, the course includes hard-copy materials and will deliver weekly content and modules via an online learning platform called Teachable. Facebook Live sessions with the program Founder, Danna Merritt will be scheduled to review course content, answer questions, and receive coaching.
Participants will need to pass the test at the end of each module with a score of at least 80% to progress from one module to the next. At the completion of all of the modules, a participant will receive their certificate that they are trained and certified to host their own EEMpact Parenting programs.
10 modules in 12 weeks
- Pre-work: Expectations and how to succeed with this course
- Module 1: EEMPact Parenting Program Welcome and Getting Started
- Module 2: Understanding Your Parenting Style
- Module 3: Recognizing Your “New Normal”
- Module 4: Learning Why Your Children Misbehave
- Module 5: Connecting With Your Emotions and Feelings
- Module 6: You and Your World View
- Module 7: Learning About Your Self-Esteem
- Module 8: Tackling Your Problems and Issues
- Module 9: Improving Your Communication Skills
- Module 10: Building Your 5-Point Plan
SPECIAL NOTE: The EEMpact Parenting of Infants and Young Children is the updated name and brand for the Parents Empowering Parents (PEP) program that was launched and used in the bleeding disorder community since 1996.
Danna is a licensed clinical social worker with over four decades of experience working with families that have children with serious medical conditions. She founded the original EEMpact Parenting program over twenty years ago and launched the Energizing and Empowering Minds non-profit in 2016 to continue to ensure that parents have access to the support that they need. Danna retired from Children’s Hospital of Michigan and lives in Troy, MI. She is a mother of two daughters with six grandchildren. She enjoys spending her spare time with her family creating experiences and memories.